The Fund for Gender Equality (FGE) conducts a global, bi-annual grant-making cycle that aims to award grants to programmes that seek to advance women’s economic or political empowerment. The Fund prioritizes programmes that:
- Link local implementation to national or regional commitments for policy and legal reform
- Articulate a rights-based approach
- Engage into strategic partnerships
- Focus on engaging traditionally excluded groups of women
The Fund will also look at added-value elements such as:
- Initiatives to monitor SDG implementation locally
- Innovation and ICT for gender equality
- Evidence-based interventions
- Engaging men and boys
The Fund’s grant-making approach is a demand-driven process that mobilizes resources for women, putting money directly into the hands of gender equality advocates who can then negotiate a meaningful gender equality agenda at local, national and regional levels. It is an established mechanism that aims to place women at the centre of the awards and of the policies that affect their lives.
Thank you for your interest in UN Women's Fund for Gender Equality. The 2015 grantmaking cycle is now closed and the Fund is no longer accepting applications. Please check the Funds website in January 2016 for a list of final grantees and information about our next Call.
For information purposes only, below are the materials from the Fund’s 2015 Call for Proposals: